When we partner with owners, our first step is an initial interview. We take time to listen to you and to answer any questions you have regarding our services. We discuss all phases of management with you and map out a strategy that keeps your needs and goals in mind. Additionally, we:
- Establish a rent range based on a thorough analysis of the market;
- Review maintenance instructions (if you have preferred vendors or a home warranty, we will use them when possible, but we do charge a $25 fee per occurrence. We also reserve the right to use our own in cases of emergency);
- Determine whether the property meets the Texas Property Code in terms of the number and kind of security devices, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, etc. We coordinate contractors to assure that the property complies with the law.
- List the property in the MLS, which in turn populates to several third-party Web sites;
- Coordinate all showings of the property until an application is received;
- Receive and process applications, utilizing the services of a consumer reporting agency for credit review, verification of employment, past rental history, evictions, criminal background, NSFs, etc.
- Collect rents each month and, if necessary, file evictions for nonpayments.
- Maintain a full accounting system, providing you with a monthly report, year-end report and. IRS Form 1099. Monthly reports are emailed and owner’s proceeds distributed via live check or ACH within 5 days after rent has been received and processed by the accounting office.